José Luis Bolos Agut Interactive CV
Freelance Web Developer based on London, UK, seeking a permanent position in the IT industry.
To apply my experience in working in challenging and competitive environments and my knowledge in Computer Science to a permanent position as Web Developer in the IT industry. As a Web Developer, I aim to build web sites that are secure, fast, compatible and accessible, using the latest technologies and standards (HTML5/CSS3) whenever possible. I seek to develop websites that are fully compatible with mobile devices, but also to expand my knowledge to Mobile Application Development, which is why I am currently learning Java and Android Development.
- Successfully maintained several personal weblogs since 2005 to present day, which involved administering the site, writing articles and modifying design and themes by changing HTML and CSS, etc. Successfully configured and maintained a home server hosting several services (a blog, email delivery, file sharing and automated backups, etc.) from 2005 to 2008.
- As a sales agent for Vodafone, outsold the adjacent sales centres from other companies (Movistar and Orange) every month and consistently ranked in the top 5 of between 45 and 65 Vodafone stands in the regional area, despite the spending cuts introduced due to the economic crisis caused by the credit crunch.
- My work in Customer Services helping clients who on occasion could be aggressive means that I have the ability to remain calm under pressure, and I am highly experienced in handling conflict should it arise.
- By own initiative, developed manuals for complex procedures as reference for new staff. The manuals decreased both the difficulty for newcomers and the error rate, which was producing delays and stockouts.
- Developed the syllabus and the teaching materials for several courses taught by me.
As a strong self learner coming from a Computer Science background, I have knowledge or training in the following technologies.
- System Administration: UNIX/Linux administration, LAN administration, Shell scripting, MySQL Database administration, Apache configuration.
- Software Development: C, C++, Python; currently learning Java and Android programming.
Freelance Web Development (11/2011 – current)
Freelance (London, UK)
As a freelance Web Developer I’m currently building a reusable website to serve as an online biography and showcase for classical music performers. The potential clients are students and recent graduates from London’s music schools (RAM, RCM, TCM, etc.) The sites will be using WordPress as a CMS with qTranslator as a plugin to allow for content to be shown in different languages. Optionally, the design of each site may be tailored for each individual if necessary. The project is currently in the development stage, with the first site scheduled for a May 2012 delivery.
Marketing and Retail Telecommunication Services for Vodafone (08/2007 – 09/2010)
Manpower Business Solutions, S.L.U. (Valencia, Spain)
As a retail sales agent at a high-traffic, high-volume Vodafone stand I had to deliver in a fast-changing environment, competing side by side with all the major telecommunication companies in the country (Movistar and Orange).
- Retail sales of total communication solutions (fixed, mobile, voice and data) according to the guidelines set up by Vodafone España.
- Managed stock and generated purchase orders from a monthly budget of £40,000, outselling the adjacent stands from other companies (Movistar and Orange) every month and consistently ranking in the top 5 of between 45 and 65 Vodafone points of sales in the regional area.
- Managed device exchanges and customer returns, and the subsequent return of defective units to the manufacturer. During the sale process, new devices were set up and demonstrated to the clients, successfully reducing the number of posterior exchanges due to inexperience with the device.
- Designed and developed several computerized records of monthly sales, client requests and problems, etc. reducing the time spent on bureaucratic procedures and raising the customer satisfaction.
- Inducted over 25 new staff in sales and procedures to ensure high-quality customer service. By own initiative, developed manuals with the procedures for purchase orders and returns as reference for new personnel with the goal of preserving the know-how acquired during my career there. The manuals decreased both the difficulty for newcomers and the error rate, which was producing delays and stockouts.
Universitat Jaume I Internship Program: Development of a SCADA (10/2006 – 04/2007)
Antonio Font S.L. (Castellón, Spain)
Being an intern, I developed a SCADA for a Water Industry. The development was completed within the scheduled time and went into production in the factory.
- Learned about the whole cycle of software development process, from design to final deployment.
- Spotted several areas suitable for improvement. Applied my knowledge of command-line programming to batch process over 400 text files needed by the application. Previously, that work was being done manually and the new approach allowed savings of about 5% of the development time.
Computer Systems maintenance, Network installation, Retail and Customer Care (06/2000 – 02/2002)
Aula Informática (Castellón, Spain)
Maintenance of computer systems covering an area of 50 miles radius from the business site. My duties involved retail sales of computers and accessories, repair and maintenance of computers on-site and off-site, develop new LAN installations and maintenance of existing networks of up to 20 workstations on-site.
Youth and adult training (10/1997 – 06/2000)
Centro Psicopedagógico ABC (Castellón, Spain)
Taught several courses like Desktop Computing, Office Software and Internet Access to unemployed people, and C Language Programming to secondary school students. Also developed the required lectures and the teaching materials.
- Bachelor of Computer Science at Universitat Jaume I (Castellón, Spain) (Unfinished).
- Vodafone Senior Sales Agent at Vodafone España.
Three year formation plan on retail sales, customer service and store management.
- Summer school on Libre Software at Universitat Jaume I (Castellón, Spain).
Summer course on Open Source Software Development as a business model.
If you want to get in touch with me you can do so through my Contact Page.